7. Mario Kart Wii - Dry Dry Ruins
6. Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road
5. Mario Kart 7 - Neo Bowser City
4. Mario Kart Super Circuit - Sunset Wilds
3. Mario Kart DS - Figure 8 Circuit
2. Mario Kart Double Dash!! - Wario Colosseum
1. Mario Kart 64 - Toad's Turnpikelist of my top 5 favorite Mario spin-off games, this should come as no surprise to you. Despite being bettered in many ways by Double Dash and DS, Mario Kart 64 is still my favorite game in the series. It is Mario Kart in its purest form. Eight classic characters all driving the classic pipe frame kart. Sixteen classic courses all accompanied by the best music in the series. All the basic mechanics that still define the series to this day were largely introduced in Mario Kart 64. The battle mode of Mario Kart 64 is the stuff of legends, with fans of the series still waiting for a new game that can recapture the magic of Mario Kart 64 multiplayer. The whole game had a certain arcade-like quality to it that has never been replicated. It's the quintessential Mario Kart experience.
Well, folks, that's that! All seven Mario Kart games ranked and my favorite courses from each described. How will Mario Kart 8 stack up to the rest of the series when it comes out? Early signs look promising that it'll do quite well! Fortunately, we don't have to wait long to find out!